Henriette Sindjui is International Baccalaureate Coordinator and AP French Teacher at Baltimore International Academy, a K-8
five-languages Immersion and IB school in Baltimore. She has been working at BIA since 2008 in different capacities: elementary and secondary French Immersion teacher, French as second language
teacher, Social Studies teacher, School Testing Coordinator, Grade Level Team Leader…
Henriette brings to her United States teaching career, 19 years of professional experience teaching Social Studies and French in
Secondary schools in Cameroon, her native country. She holds a master’s degree in Geography Education from the University of Yaoundé- Cameroon and is a Maryland Certified Educator in Elementary k-5,
French 7-12, Social Studies 5-12, & School Administration. She is an Advanced Placement French (AP) Trained Teacher and a Trained International Baccalaureate PYP and MYP
Henriette has been AATF member since 2012, and French Honor Society sponsor at her school since the chapter’s creation in 2013. She
is AATF Maryland Chapter Secretary, and MFLA board member.
Her notable achievements include:
- Leading Baltimore International Academy to become a “Label FrancÉducation” School in 2019.
- Member of AATF French Standards Task Force
- Leading BIA to become a DELF Testing Center and organizing DELF exams every year.
- Organizing out of country French Language Immersion Trips for students to France 2010, 2015, 2017 & Canada 2009, 2014 &
- Establishing connections between Middle School French Immersion students at BIA and students in France during school years 2015-2016 and
- Creating the French Honor Society Chapter at BIA in 2013
- Creating the French Club at BIA in 2011
Henriette created the SHF at her school in 2013, and since then she has been supporting her SHF members in organizing activities in
the school and in the community to promote French language and cultures. She organizes induction ceremonies every year for her students and she sends yearly report to AATF. She attended SHF meeting
in Martinique and Philadelphia, virtually for the last two years. She is also active in SHF Facebook page. As an AATF Future Leader, she believes it’s time to take her experience to the national
level to support other teachers and help the organization to recruit more SHF members.
Awards and Recognition
- MSDE 2019 Outstanding Educator - Gifted & Talented Program Coordinator
- French Dual Language Fund Grant Recipient 2017 & 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Celeste Carr Maryland Foreign Language Association Scholarship Recipient 2018
- American Association of Teachers of French Future Leaders Fellowship Program 2018
- Donors Chose Recipient, 2016, 2018
- Nominated for New Teacher of the Year Award in Baltimore City Public Schools, 2014
- Baltimore International Academy Teacher of the Year, 2011
- Target Field Trip Grant Recipient, 2011, 2012, 2013
- BCPSS New Teacher Institute II Recognizing Great Support Award, 2010